Wednesday 4 March 2009

Loose and firm

So, the last few months have been spent getting the full band together and learning songs, new and old. There's eight of us now. Who would have thought I'd manage to get that many people together. I am very happy with how it's going, the band is a good mix of band orientated musicians and orchestral ones.
A couple of weeks ago we played our third gig, the first one with all eight of us. It felt like a goal reached for me. Hopefully there will be many more.

Apart from that I have been writing lots of new songs. We are planning to record and release a mini-album of maybe 6 or 7 songs in which Chris will be playing vibraphone instead of drums (it sounds magical!). They will be slightly less arranged, more intimate songs, recorded live in Padangle house (my flat).

Apart from that I have been busy shooting pics on my Lomo. I will upload a few samples as soon as I get my hands on a scanner.

My amp is buzzing for me to get back to playing, and I know well to obey it's call.

Sorenious HonkyBonk

No comments: