Tuesday 13 December 2011

still alive

So, it's nearly the end of the year. Man, that's flown by. Evidence is right here in front of me when I see how long it's been since I wrote here...
This is mostly to assure myself that I still exist.

For nearly a year I have been writing and recording the new album, starting with a month in the chapel in Wales, a time which is described in previous posts.
We are still not quite done recording, but damn my boots it if we won't be very soon. At this point I have written and recorded 25+ songs and it will soon be crunch time in terms of culling the litter. A painful process which I am kind of dreading. Kill your darlings, mr. Bonk. The really are darlings to me, a lot of the time.
Conversely, I honestly don't think I will ever stop writing songs, so fuck it, there's always another batch.

We have an awesome mixer Mark Bishop, who has already mixed a few tracks, and I can honestly say it is going to sound SWEEEEET.

We have played some memorable shows this year, perhaps most of all the Safety First Records launch gig at the Yard a month back.

In the first part of the new year we are playing some concerts at the Glad in Borough (a cosy old pub, utterly charming), so look out for those on Facebook. Seems to be the only place we announce our shows these days. If you don't use Facebook and still want to be kept in the loop let me know, then I shall write a physical letter to you!


I wish you merry end to the year 2011. Next year it's the olympics and I will be thinking of ways to get out of London, unless someone gives me a free ticket to the handball final.

love Soren

ps. We have finished our Safety First Records website, so go and check it out!

No comments: